Top 5 refreshing podcasts about Eczema for 2021Apr 30, 2021
Lotions, creams, soaps… you’ve tried it all but you can’t seem to figure out what is making you itch like crazy.
You’ve searched high and low for tips and hacks to get rid of scaly, red, patches and end up with the same advice or tips each time.
Nothing works though.
If you think you’ve reached the end of your rope in looking for new strategies to address your skin problems, I ask you not to throw in the towel yet!
As an early first quarter of the year gift, I would like to suggest our Top 5 Eczema-themed episodes to quench that thirst for new ways to attack your skin problem.
You are an Eczema warrior after all! Never giving up.
Here are the links to The Less Stressed Life’s TOP 5 ECZEMA PODCAST EPISODES.
- #105 Nutrients for Skin Health with Chris Masterjohn
- #107 Candida and Fungal Overgrowth with Kiran Krishnan
- #106 Causes of Eczema and Ayurvedic Dermatology with Raja Sivamani, MD
- #103 Integrative Dermatology for Eczema with Dr. Peter Lio
- #104 Addressing skin rashes like eczema in babies and young children with Jennifer Caryn Brand, MS, CNS
Scroll down below to get your Cliffnotes on what these episodes look like.
In episode #105, I sit down with Chris Masterjohn, Ph.D., “go-to” vitamins and minerals guy, and talk about the different nutrients that play significant roles in addressing deficiencies related to skin issues and which nutrients are the best in supporting skin integrity. Click on this link to visit the blog post related to this episode
Some key points from this episode:
- [14:50] Skin manifestations and relief
- [32:47] Four nutrient deficiencies with similar skin manifestations
- [40:52] Vitamin A plant-based & animal-based food sources
- [47:01] Tips on Molybdenum intake
One of our listener’s favorite guests, Kiran Krishnan, Chief Microbiologist at Microbiome Labs shares his expertise and experience about one of the topics I’m most fond of - fungal and candida overgrowth.
Interesting takeaways from episode #107:
- [07:00] What is mycobiome?
- [16:51] Causes of candida overgrowth
- [19:09] Factors that contribute to candida overgrowth
- [30:26] Difference of undecylenic acid to other anti-fungal herbs
Don’t you find it interesting that in such a modern time we’re circling back to ancient methodologies in addressing our health issues?
Utilizing a mix of modern and ancient frameworks in living with our mind and bodies in harmony is becoming more accepted.
In Episode #106 of The Less Stressed Life, I chat with Dr. Raja Sivamani about different skin issues and the integration of Ayurdevic medicine in treating them.
Points that stood out to me:
- [10:30] Factors that trigger eczema
- [16:17] What is hidradenitis suppurativa?
- [32:20] What are occlusive and humectant products?
- [40:58] Why eczema is prevalent among children?
On the same note, here’s a link to a blog post related to Dr. Sivamani’s episode.
If you’re reading this, it means you’re looking for something better than what you’re doing right now to address your or a loved one’s skin issues (or you’re just really interested in reading about fresh information about skin).
Episode #103 of The Less Stressed Life is all about Integrative Dermatology and I went on a deep dive with Chicago Integrative Eczema Center’s Founding Director - Dr. Peter Lio.
Some of the things we discussed in this episode are:
- [05:08] What is eczema?
- [15:33] Effects of staph bacteria on skin, sleep, and behavior
- [18:26] What is Transepidermal Water Loss?
- [20:07] Relationship between food and eczema
More related information about this topic can be found in this post
Having skin issues is annoying and agonizing for adults, but can you imagine your little one going through something similar?
Treating young children and babies can be really challenging especially when they can’t quite describe what they are feeling that well.
If you think you’ve tried every cream, lotion, and even dietary change just to address these skin issues, don’t throw in the towel just yet.
This Less Stressed Life episode with Clinical Nutritionist, Jennifer Caryn Brand, MS, CNS, just might be able to help you gain a new perspective on how to alleviate childhood skin allergies.
Some of my favorite takeaways from this:
- [09:43] Differences in an infant gut microbiome compared to adults
- [22:38] Die-off symptoms of skin rashes
- [36:23] Cautions on using creams, oils, etc on skin
- [40:13] How long will it take to resolve skin rashes?
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.